From the development company Blizzard comes Defense of the Ancients or DotA, a multiplayer online battle arena mod for the video game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and the expansion Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
- You are required to have Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne installed on your laptop. You can buy it here.
- Once you have Warcraft 3: The Fronzen Throne installed, make your way to getdota.com
- Click on the latest version of dota (for the language you want e.g. “English 6.83d” – the file should automatically download.
- Transfer the downloaded file to the “Maps” file of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. This depends on the directory you installed Warcraft on. For most Windows users, this would be C:// – Program Files – Warcraft III – Maps
- When you open Warcraft to play (e.g. on battlenet, LAN, gameranger, Garena etc.) Dota 1 should be downloaded.
From the development company Blizzard comes Defense of the Ancients or DotA, a multiplayer online battle arena mod for the video game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and the expansion Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Since it’s release in 2003 the game was a huge success worldwide and has shaped the online gaming ever since. The gameplay consists of two teams fighting each other, the Sentinel and the Scourge. Each team has a unique set of heroes to choose from and each Hero has a unique ability set and playstyle. The goal of the match is to destroy your enemy’s “Ancient” that results in victory. The 3 paths leading to the Ancients are guarded by 6 towers in total and each path has a wave of units that spawns periodically. By killing these units or enemy Heroes you earn gold which you can use to buy different items and recipes from different shops found on the map. These items strengthen your Hero by adding additional Agility, Strength, Intelligence, Speed etc. Killing the spawned units also gives you XP which levels up your Hero, granting him new abilities and improving his stats. Buying items and forging them with recipes based on your Hero’s primary attribute (Strength, Agility, Intelligence) is crucial for gaining the upper hand in battle. Working well with your teammates is also essential. Since online lobbies can carry up to 5vs5 player battles, good teamwork and coordination make all the difference.